Pages

Wednesday 3 February 2010

The night of the Sweetcorn Fritter Disaster...

Tonight has been a bit of an eye opener as regards my feelings around food! I thought I was relaxed about it but obviously not! I made some sweetcorn fritters for Tabitha to have for tea and made extra in the hope that DD1 and2 would come home from school and think they look good and would eat them..no it's not the Waltons here in reality maybe just in my head! Anyway DD1 did come in and did start to eat them and for a moment it was lovely that they were eating exactly the same thing! and then disaster struck... DD1 said she didn't want anymore she was 'full' but then proceded to grab a stale bread roll, so she wasn't full, said my fritters were a bit plain! I had a go at her and then when DD2 came in ( she is very fussy) she didn't do anything but got a mouthful of me.. It is obviously the frustration of our food issues that had just built up and obviously not gone away.. So I have been in a fowl mood all night, we have kissed and made up now and I have explained to them what happened but I feel bad. All I want them to do is eat healthily and most of the time I can ignore the left main meal followed by yogurt, biscuit, another biscuit, packet of crisps, toast etc etc but tonight it just got to me...big time. I think DD2 has realised how upset I am though so maybe some good will come out of it!! fingers crossed X

One question though?? How can I be so laid back about what the baby eats but not the older ones..I just can't let that go...habit I guess....

No comments: