Pages

Friday 4 December 2009

BLW out and about...

Yesterday Tabs and I went to our usual Thursday morning mothers meeting, it was the first time I had taken Tabitha and gave her something to eat properly without her just nibbling. I sat her in a high chair and she tucked into one of the scones in made the other day Cheese and Pesto followed by a satsuma. I found myself to be very relaxed about the whole thing... I have to say more of the scone was on the floor than maybe she ate but she enjoyed herself. I was surprised at some reactions to the mess but then again I was like that with my first girl so it shouldn't be a surprise, I have decided tho that I may need to take out a small dustpan and brush when I found myself on my hands and knees! Tabitha also just sucked away at the satsuma quite happily and then had a quick breastfeed to finish... This time has gone so quick that I am so glad I tried BLW as now I would be introduing finger foods anyway so why have the hassle of purees etc just to make more work for yourself and also for the baby to have to relearn how to chew... It will be interesing to see now how pureed feed babies now catch up with Tabitha....

No comments: